|Directed by:||Henry Chan|
|Writen by:||Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger|
|Original Air Date:||January 16, 2013|
|U.S. Viewers (millions)||6.09|
| Preceded by-|
"The Gingerbread Man"
| Followed by-|
Cold War is the twelfth episode in Season 1 of The Neighbors.
Abby’s got a cold. No big deal. Larry Bird is just going to put her in a Zabvronian isolation tent.
The Weaver’s obviously aren’t going to do that, so Larry Bird quarantines the whole Weaver household -- no Zabvronian is allowed to be near them. As per usual when one person gets sick in a household, soon all the Weavers are sick. Jackie is curious about the idea of nurturing the sick, and she sneaks over to the Weavers house to nurse them back to health. Nurturing is as wonderful as she hoped it would be, but it comes with a price: She gets sick too.
Reggie doesn’t want Amber to be sick, so he sets out to cure the common cold. Meanwhile, all of the Zabvronians have heard about Jackie’s nurturing, and they want to try it as well. They bring the Weavers soup, and fix their pillows and tend to their every need. Larry watches from the isolation tent, and soon, he’s in there too.
Reggie’s cold cure didn’t work. But on the advice of Janitor Raymond, he lets he know he’d cure it for her if he tried by bringing her a thoughtful care package. And that works like a charm.
- Richard Riehle as Janitor Raymond
- Doug Jones as Dominique Wilkins
- Kiersten Lyons as Billie Jean King
- Livia Treviño as Older Woman
- Trisity Cameron as Zabvronian
- Mobin Khan as Zabrvonian Nurse
- Tracy Weisert as Zabrvonian Nurse
- "The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog (Jim Henson)
- "A Spoonful of Sugar" by Julie Andrews
- The Bird-Kersees do step-aerobics.
- One time on Zabvron when Reggie Jackson fell ill four elders had to hold Jackie back as he was being led off ot be tented.
- Jackie asked Larry to tell her when she was rambling
- Debbie and Amber argue that Ryan Gossling and Richard Gere are hotter than one other.
- Debbie refers to herself as "Nurse Jackie," unaware that the show is about a drug addict. She later makes the same mistake when referring to herself as House, M.D.
- "The Muppet Movie" is featured... repeatedly.
- Larry Bird watches "Will & Grace," completely oblivious to the fact that Will is gay.
- "A Spoonful of Sugar" from "Mary Poppins" is featured.
- In an attempt to lie to him, Jackie tells Larry that she was exercising while listening to Santana's album "Santana Live," featuring the songs "Hear My Santana," "Let's Go to Santana," "The Santana Banana," "Santana Me Always" and "Jingle Bell Rock."
- Debbie calls Marty "Benjamin Button."
- Reggie cuts all of the pictures of the stars of the "Twilight" films out of a magazine that he gives to Amber.
The image gallery for Cold War may be viewed here.