|Things Just Got Real|
|Directed by:||Luke Greenfield|
|Writen by:||Isaac Aptaker & Elizabeth Berger|
|Original Air Date:||October 10, 2012|
|U.S. Viewers (millions)||6.39|
| Preceded by-|
""Journey to the Center of the Mall""
| Followed by-|
Marty and Debbie are getting along with the Zabvronians, but among other things, the aliens’ constant desire to touch their hair is a little disconcerting. So they set up a night out with their human friends, and make it clear to Larry and Jackie that they’re not invited. A gesture that they, of course, misinterpret. Reggie is entranced by Marty’s human ways, which Larry feels is a slap at his position as man of the house. So he goes over to dominate them at poker. Jackie watches a show about real Jersey housewives to brush up on human behavior. It turns out to not be the best course of study.
- Amy Farrington as Tracy
- Leslie Grossman as Liz
- Matthew Glave as Bill
- Nicholas Giordano as Pete
- Doug Jones as Dominique Wilkins
- Alden Ray as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
"Where Is My Mind?" by The Pixies
- Because he is their leader, the rest of the Zabvronians feel Larry Bird's emotions.
- The Bird-Kersees did not own a television until after this episode.
- Jackie and Larry have to "dumb everything down" for Debbie and Marty.
- Debbie is Jackie's first lady friend she had since 3 centuries. Being a supreme leaders wife is lonely.
- During Reggie's angry rant against his father because of his refusal to attempt to fit in on Earth Reggie reveals he came with his father to earth against his will.
- While Larry dons a silver spacesuit, Marty refers to him as TRON.
- Jackie patterns her behavior after the "Real Housewives" on TV.
- Debbie refers to Larry and Jackie as "Mork and Mindy."
- Marty talks about "Downton Abbey."
The image gallery for Things Just Got Real may be viewed here.
- It is unknown if Marty and Debbie stayed friends after the events of this episode as they are only shown hanging out with Larry and Jackie in the rest of the episodes.